Details for Benchmark: AW7120
N 29° 45.415 W 095° 02.958 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HARRIS county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1993 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1993
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 12 MI (19.3 KM) EAST OF HOUSTON IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF THE CITY OF BAYTOWN IN A TRAFFIC ISLAND FORMED AT THE JUNCTION OF BAYSHORE AND BROWNWOOD DRIVES NEAR THE SHORE END OF A NARROW PENINSULA WHICH DIVIDES BURNETT AND CRYSTAL BAYS EAST OF THE SAN JACINTO RIVER AND HOUSTON SHIP CHANNEL. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF BAYWAY DRIVE AND DECKER DRIVE (ROUTE 330) ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF BAYTOWN, GO SOUTH ON BAYWAY DRIVE FOR 1.45 MI (2.33 KM) TO THE JUNCTION WITH SHRECK STREET JUST BEYOND A CURVE RIGHT, TURN RIGHT ON SHRECK STREET AND PROCEED IN A WESTERLY DIRECTION FOR 0.75 MI (1.21 KM) TO A T INTERSECTION AT BROWNWOOD DRIVE, TURN RIGHT AND CONTINUE IN A WESTERLY DIRECTION FOR 0.45 MI (0.72 KM) TO A TRAFFIC ISLAND AT A FORK IN THE ROAD AND THE STATION IN THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE ISLAND. THE STATION IS AN NOS ALUMINUM DISK WITH A BAR MAGNET UNDER ITS CAP AND ATTACHED TO AN ALUMINUM ROD DRIVEN 1.2 M (3.9 FT) INTO THE GROUND AND SURROUNDED BY A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT. THE MARK IS ON LINE BETWEEN THE SAN JACINTO MONUMENT AND A SIX LEGGED BLUE HEMISPHERICAL TOP AND BOTTOM WATER TANK ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF BAYTOWN. IT IS 41 M (134.5 FT) WEST OF THE EAST POINT OF THE TRIANGULAR TRAFFIC ISLAND, 52 M (170.6 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF AN AQUEDUCT UNDER BAYSHORE DRIVE, 33 M (108.3 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH POINT OF THE TRIANGULAR TRAFFIC ISLAND, 33 M (108.3 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE WEST POINT OF THE TRAFFIC ISLAND, 28 M (91.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE NADIR WIRE OF AN OVERHEAD POWER TRANSMISSION LINE AND 14.5 M (47.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE EAST-WEST ROAD (BROWNWOOD DRIVE). THE MARK PROJECTS 0.05 M (0.16 FT) ABOVE GROUND LEVEL. DESCRIBED BY CSM.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.