Details for Benchmark: AX0058
N 29° 43.350 W 096° 08.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In AUSTIN county, TX View Original Datasheet
- B 212
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
4.25 MI S FROM SEALY. ABOUT 4-1/4 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE GULF, COLORADO AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT SEALY, AUSTIN COUNTY, ABOUT 0.3 MILE NORTH OF MILE POLE 90, AT A DIRT-ROAD CROSSING, 42 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 34 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 3.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER, 2.6 FEET EAST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 3 FEET SOUTH OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 4 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 149.065 B 212 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 0.4 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1959 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1959
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.