Details for Benchmark: AX0106
N 29° 31.067 W 096° 04.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WHARTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- BERNARD 2 RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.85 MI S FROM EAST BERNARD. 0.85 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 60 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 90 A AT EAST BERNARD, 41 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 83.7 FEET SOUTH OF TRIANGULATION STATION BERNARD 2 1954, 29 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST, 4 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|6/7/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RAL)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.