Details for Benchmark: AX0193
N 29° 40.217 W 096° 01.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In AUSTIN county, TX View Original Datasheet
- S 806
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
2.65 MI SW FROM SIMONTON. TO REACH FROM THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS (SOUTHERN PACIFIC) RAILROAD STATION AT SIMONTON-- PROCEED 2.65 MILES WESTERLY ALONG THE RAILROAD TO SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE PIER OF A LARGE STEEL RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER BRAZOS RIVER. IT IS ABOUT 40.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 41, AND 9.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF AND ABOUT 7.5 FEET BELOW THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 806 1943.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.