Details for Benchmark: AX0264
N 29° 55.050 W 096° 01.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALLER county, TX View Original Datasheet
- S 1026
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
13.95 MI S FROM HEMPSTEAD. ABOUT 2.45 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 290 FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT HEMPSTEAD, THENCE 11.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG FARM ROAD 359 TO SITE OF BENCH MARK. 49 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF FARM ROAD 359, 52 FEET NORTH OF A FARM ROAD, 36 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF AN ABANDONED HOUSE, 11 FEET NORTHWEST OF A POWER LINE POLE, 1.3 FEET WEST OF FENCE AND 1 FOOT WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. A C AND GS BENCH MARK DISK SET IN A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. THIS BENCH MARK IS 0.55 MILE WEST OF BENCH MARK R 1026.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.