Details for Benchmark: AX0265
N 29° 55.033 W 096° 00.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALLER county, TX View Original Datasheet
- R 1026
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
16.55 MI SW FROM WALLER. ABOUT 1.15 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 290 FROM THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD STATION AT WALLER, THENCE 6.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG MATHIS ROAD, THENCE 0.95 MILE WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 2.1 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 2.0 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 1.0 MILE SOUTH ALONG FARM ROAD 362, THENCE 3.35 MILES WEST ALONG A FARM ROAD TO SITE OF MARK, 67 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A PRIVATE ROAD LEADING SOUTH, 200 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTH, 40 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF THE FARM ROAD, 1 FOOT NORTH OF FENCE, AND 1 FOOT WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. A C AND GS BENCH MARK DISK SET IN A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 4 INCHES ABOVE SURFACE OF GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.