Details for Benchmark: AX0306
N 29° 21.783 W 096° 05.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WHARTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- E 307
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
2.7 MI S FROM HUNGERFORD. 2.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT HUNGERFORD, WHARTON COUNTY, 7.6 FEET NORTH OF MILEPOST 22, 37 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 59 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 59, 9 FEET WEST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND 1.8 FEET SOUTH OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED E 307 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|1/1/1943 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
2.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT HUNGERFORD, SET AT MILEPOST NO. 22, 59 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY NO. 59, 37 FEET EAST RAIL OF THE TRACK, 7.6 FEET NORTH OF THE MILEPOST, 1.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE REFERENCE POST. BENCH MARK DISK SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|1/1/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 4.22 KM (2.62 MI) SOUTH ALONG HIGHWAY LOOP 183 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 60 IN HUNGERFORD, 0.42 KM (0.26 MI) SOUTH OF A US HIGHWAY 59 OVERPASS, ALSO 6.14 KM (3.82 MI) NORTH OF WHARTON, 18.1 METERS (59.5 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF LOOP 183, 11.2 METERS (37.0 FT) EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, 2.3 METERS (7.5 FT) NORTH OF RAILROAD MILEPOST 22. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS S FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW LOOP 183.
|1/1/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (PT)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.