Details for Benchmark: AX0398
N 29° 24.267 W 096° 14.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WHARTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- B 814
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
IN EGYPT. BENCH MARK IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE CENTER AND TOP OF THE NORTH HEADWALL OF A 1.5 FOOT CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT UNDER A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING EAST TO HUNGERFORD. IT IS 0.25 MILE NORTH OF THE GULF, COLORADO AND SANTA FE RAILROAD STATION AT EGYPT, 111.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE POST OFFICE AT EGYPT, 16.3 FEET NORTH OF AND ABOUT 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.