Details for Benchmark: AX0406
N 29° 23.983 W 096° 07.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WHARTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- K 814
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
8.05 MI E FROM EGYPT. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE AT EGYPT, PROCEED 8.05 MILES EASTERLY ALONG THE EGYPT - HUNGERFORD ROAD TO A T FENCE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE ROAD AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS 44.5 FEET NORTH OF AND ABOUT 1.0 FOOT BELOW THE CENTERLINE OF THE EGYPT - HUNGERFORD ROAD. IT IS 11.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A PRIVATE DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTH TO A FARM HOUSE, 2.3 FEET NORTH OF A T FENCE CORNER POST, 0.5 FOOT WEST OF A FENCE LINE RUNNING NORTH AND SOUTH. MONUMENT IS 3.1 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 4X4 INCH WHITE WOODEN MARKER POST AND PROJECTS 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.