Details for Benchmark: AX0410
N 29° 25.317 W 096° 04.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WHARTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- M 813
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
7.95 MI S FROM EAST BERNARD. TO REACH FROM THE CROSSING OF U.S. HIGHWAY NO.90-A AND STATE HIGHWAY NO.60 AT EAST BERNARD, PROCEED 7.95 MILES SOUTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY NO.60 TO THE INTERSECTION OF A SHELL ROAD LEADING EAST AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL OF A 2X2 FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT UNDER A SHELL ROAD. IT IS 31.8 FEET EAST OF AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 12.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A SHELL ROAD LEADING EAST. NOTE-- THIS BENCH MARK IS 1.35 MILE NORTH OF THE SCHOOL BUILDING AT HUNGERFORD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.