Details for Benchmark: AX0922
N 29° 51.233 W 096° 54.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, TX View Original Datasheet
- M 1199
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
4.7 MI S FROM LA GRANGE. ABOUT 4.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 77 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LA GRANGE, ABOUT 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF A GRAVELED ROAD WHICH LEADS EAST, ABOUT 0.1 MILE NORTH OF THE KRUPPA STORE AND SERVICE STATION, AT THE SOUTH END OF A ROW OF CEDAR TREES ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY, 57 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 161 FEET NORTH OF A 3-FORKED LIVE OAK TREE, 80 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 6-14, 13 FEET SOUTH OF A 6-INCH CEDAR TREE, 1 FOOT WEST OF A FENCE, 0.5 FOOT EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND ON THE TOP OF A 4-FOOT SECTION OF COPPER COATED ROD THAT IS ATTACHED TO A METAL BASE PLATE. THE DISK IS LEVEL WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND AND IS PROTECTED BY A 6-INCH METAL PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 1 INCH.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (JCM)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1992 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1992 (JCM)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.