Details for Benchmark: AX1319
N 29° 55.733 W 097° 18.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- G 784
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
1.2 MI W FROM ROSANKY. 1.2 MILES WEST ALONG THE MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ROSANKY, BASTROP COUNTY, 0.2 MILE EAST OF MILEPOST 12, ABOUT 300 FEET WEST OF A ROAD CROSSING, AT A CONCRETE CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL, 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 1.5 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 784 1943.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.