Details for Benchmark: AX1331
N 29° 57.817 W 097° 27.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- T 784
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
0.8 MI NW FROM REDROCK. 0.8 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT REDROCK, AT A DIRT ROAD CROSSING, 27 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 33 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, 25 FEET FROM THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE ALONG THE EDGE OF A CEMETERY, 3 FEET FROM A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND 3.5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED T 784 1943 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.