Details for Benchmark: AX1440
N 29° 54.550 W 097° 13.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Q 823
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
3 MI S FROM TOGO SIDING. 3.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRADED ROAD LEADING TO CISTERN FROM THE MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS RAILROAD OF TEXAS STATION AT TOGO SIDING, BASTROP COUNTY, AT STRASNY SCHOOL, 110 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SCHOOL BUILDING, AT A ROCK AND CONCRETE CULVERT, IN THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF A HEADWALL, 21 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EAST-AND-WEST-ROAD, AND 16 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH-AND-SOUTH ROAD. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED Q 823 1943.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.