Details for Benchmark: AX1442
N 29° 54.100 W 097° 11.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- S 823
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
4.9 MI S FROM TOGO SIDING. 4.9 MILES SOUTH OF TOGO SIDING, BASTROP COUNTY. THIS BENCH MARK MAY BE REACHED FROM THE MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS RAILROAD OF TEXAS STATION BY GOING 3.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRADED ROAD LEADING TO CISTERN, TURN LEFT AT STRASNY SCHOOL AND GO 0.5 MILE EAST, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.5 MILE SOUTH TO A CATHOLIC CHURCH, AND TURN LEFT AND GO 0.9 MILE EAST. IT IS 6.6 MILES NORTH OF THE POST OFFICE AT CISTERN, FAYETTE COUNTY, 0.3 MILE WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 95, AT A DIVISION FENCE CORNER, 27 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 3 FEET EAST OF THE FENCE CORNER, 1 FOOT NORTH OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 3 FEET WEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 823 1943 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.