Details for Benchmark: AX1472
N 29° 58.667 W 097° 06.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- A 1224
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- a metal rod with base plate buried/screwed into the ground
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
3.95 MI SE FROM SMITHVILLE. 0.25 MILE SOUTH ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SMITHVILLE, THENCE 3.7 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS RAILROAD, 0.2 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE BASTROP-FAYETTE COUNTY LINE, AT THE CROSSING OF A DIRT ROAD, 1 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE 2ND TELEPHONE POLE SOUTHEAST OF MILE POLE 793, 40 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 42 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 41.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A STEEL CATTLEGUARD, 6.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE, 1.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, A DISK ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD WHICH IS 4 FEET LONG AND HAS A BASE PLATE ATTACHED. THE UPPER PORTION OF THE ROD IS ENCASED IN A 6-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.