Details for Benchmark: AX2127
N 29° 54.133 W 097° 37.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CALDWELL county, TX View Original Datasheet
- G 785
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
4.0 MI E FROM LOCKHART. 4.0 MILES EAST ALONG THE MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LOCKHART, 0.1 MILE EAST OF MILEPOST 33, 0.1 MILE WEST OF A WOODEN BRIDGE, AT A ROAD CROSSING, 37 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 49 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 12 FEET EAST OF A FENCE CORNER, 3 FEET WEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 785 1943 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- MARK IS 51 FEET NW OF CENTERLINE OF RR TRACKS, 37 FEET NE TO CENTERLINE OF ROAD, 58 FEET NNE TO CENTERLINE OF ROAD AND RR TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.