Details for Benchmark: AX2305
N 29° 41.600 W 097° 30.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CALDWELL county, TX View Original Datasheet
- G 830
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
2 MI N FROM HARWOOD. IN CALDWELL COUNTY, 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD FROM THE PUBLIC SCHOOL AT HARWOOD, GONZALES COUNTY, 0.3 MILE NORTH OF A LARGE FARMHOUSE ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE ROAD, AT A SMALL JOG IN THE ROAD, 63 FEET SOUTH OF A DIVISION-FENCE CORNER, 27 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 1 FOOT EAST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 3 FEET NORTH OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 830 1943 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|08/08/1993 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1993 (UNK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.