Details for Benchmark: AX2628
N 29° 53.382 W 097° 40.857 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CALDWELL county, TX View Original Datasheet
- OLD LOCKHART WT SEC
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by USGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1963
STATION LOCATED IN THE TOWN OF LOCKHART, CALDWELL COUNTY, TEXAS, ABOUT 150 FT. NW. OF THE INTERSECTION OF WASSA AND WICHITA STREETS IN THE N. PART OF TOWN. POINT OBSERVED ON WAS THE BALL ATOP THE CONICAL ROOF, ABOUT 125 FT. ABOVE GROUND.
TO REACH FROM COURTHOUSE IN LOCKHART, GO W. ON STATE ROAD 142 0.4 MI. TO ELM STREET, THENCE RIGHT 0.15 MI. AND LEFT ONE BLOCK TO WICHITA STREET, THENCE N. ON WICHITA STREET 0.25 MI. (THREE BLOCKS) TO WATER TOWER ON LEFT.
STATION MARK--THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE SIX LEGGED STRUCTURE, THE BALL ON THE ROOF. STRUCTURE IS PAINTED SILVER.
|08/08/1993 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1993 (UNK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.