Details for Benchmark: AX2821
N 29° 54.067 W 097° 12.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- R 823 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
5.1 MI (8.2 KM) EAST ALONG FARM ROAD 535 FROM THE ROSANKY POST OFFICE TO A SIDE ROAD RIGHT. TURN RIGHT ON PAVED ROAD AND GO SOUTHERLY FOR 3.8 MI (6.1 KM) TO THE COMMUNITY OF KOVAR AND A CATHOLIC CHURCH AT A POINT WHERE THE ROAD TURNS EAST AND THE MARK IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE CHURCH YARD, 49.0 FT (14.9 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE PAVED ROAD, 46.0 FT (14.0 M) EAST OF CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD, 2.2 FT (0.7 M) WEST OF A POWER POLE AND 1.3 FT (0.4 M) SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.