Details for Benchmark: AY0703
N 29° 27.150 W 098° 32.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BEXAR county, TX View Original Datasheet
- K 963
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
IN SAN ANTONIO. AT SAN ANTONIO, ABOUT 500.0 FEET NORTHWEST ALONG BANDERA ROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF CINCINNATI STREET, ABOUT 115.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF WEST ASHBY STREET AND BANDERA ROAD, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH FACE OF A TRINITY COLLEGE DORMITORY, 4.0 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTH ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING, 3.1 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|05/04/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.