Details for Benchmark: BC0760
N 30° 46.417 W 081° 41.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAMDEN county, GA View Original Datasheet
- J 326
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975
1.8 MI S FROM KINGSLAND. 1.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SEABOARD COSAT LINE RAILROAD FROM ITS CROSSING WITH STATE HIGHWAY 40, AT KINGSLAND, MARK IS SET IN THE TOP, SOUTH END OF THE WEST WING WALL OF HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER CATFISH CREEK, 151.6 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL, 18.6 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 17, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
|04/25/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
3.0 KM (1.9 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 17 FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 40 IN KINGSLAND, IN TOP OF AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE SPANNING CATFISH CREEK, AND 5.6 M (18.4 FT) WEST OF AND LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.