Details for Benchmark: BE1733
N 30° 01.850 W 085° 27.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BAY county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 872 9015 TIDAL 1
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1977
11.2 MILES SE FROM CALLAWAY. FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US 98 AND SR 22 AT CALLAWAY, PROCEED EAST 5.55 MILES ALONG SR 22 TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH SR 167, THENCE SOUTHERLY 9.1 MILES ALONG SR 167 TO END OF PAVEMENT AND AN EAST BEARING GRADED DIRT ROAD, THENCE EAST AND SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG GRADED DIRT ROAD 1.3 MILES TO C D KING MAILBOX AND A DRIVEWAY LEADING SOUTH, THENCE 0.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG DRIVEWAY. MARK BEARS 75 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF C D KINGS HOUSE, 4.9 FEET EAST OF A 2.2 FOOT DIAMETER PECAN TREE, 105 FEET WEST OF SHORELINE.
|01/01/1986 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION EXCEPT THE MARK IS 105 FEET NORTH OF THE SHORELINE.
|02/04/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 9942 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.