Details for Benchmark: BE4037
N 30° 26.898 W 084° 15.634 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEON county, FL View Original Datasheet
- TLC 1 29 1N1E
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by HOBBS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY HOBBS AND ASSOCIATES 1988
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN LEON COUNTY, FLA, APPROXIMATELY 0.8 KM (0.50 MI) SOUTH OF THE TALLAHASSEE MEMORIAL REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, AND 2.2 KM (1.35 MI) SOUTHEAST OF LAKE ELLA. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S.27/S.R.63 (MONROE STREET) AND U.S.90/S.R.10 (TENNESSEE STREET), PROCEED NORTHEAST ON U.S.90/S.R.10 FOR 2.2 KM (1.35 MI) TO THE MARK LOCATED IN THE MEDIAN OF THE ROAD ACROSS FROM COIN LAUNDRY LAUNDROMAT. STATION IS LOCATED 7.3 M (24.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EASTBOUND LANES OF U.S.90/S.R.10, 8.8 M (28.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE WESTBOUND LANES OF U.S.90/S.R.10, 10.7 M (35.1 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MEDIAN CROSSOVER, AND 17.7 M (58.1 FT) S10E OF A UTILITY POLE ON NORTH SIDE OF U.S.90/S.R.10. TO REACH THE AZIMUTH MARK FROM THE GPS STATION, PROCEED NORTHEAST ON U.S.90/S.R.10 FOR 0.7 KM (0.45 MI) TO THE MARK LOCATED IN THE MEDIAN OF THE ROAD NORTH OF THE SISTER FAY PALM READER SIGN. THE AZIMUTH MARK IS GRID BEARING N67-08-45E AND GRID DISTANCE 719.047 M (2359.1 FT) FROM THE GPS STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.