Details for Benchmark: BH3162
N 30° 59.787 W 088° 01.588 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MOBILE county, AL View Original Datasheet
- 49 13
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by ALHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ALABAMA HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN MOBILE COUNTY ON A HIGH VOLTAGE POWER LINE RIGHT OF WAY, ABOUT 6.20 MI (9.98 KM) SOUTH OF MOUNT VERNON AND ABOUT 6.45 MI (10.38 KM) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF CREOLA. TO REACH THE STATION FROM EXIT 19 ON I-65 (MILE POST 14.15 ON U.S. 43) , DRIVE NORTH ON U.S. 43 FOR 8.60 MI (13.84 KM) TO MILE POST 22.75 AND A GRAVEL ROAD ON THE LEFT, TURN LEFT ON THE GRAVEL ROAD AND DRIVE WEST FOR 0.02 MI (0.03 KM) TO AN ABANDONED PAVED ROAD ON THE LEFT, TURN LEFT ON THE ABANDONED PAVED ROAD AND DRIVE SOUTH FOR 0.10 MI (0.16 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT IN THE POWER LINE CLEARING. THE STATION IS 107.3 FT (32.7 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH LEG OF THE FIRST BENT WEST OF U.S. 43 ON THE SOUTH POWER LINE ON WOOD TOWERS, 126.0 FT (38.4 M) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE ABANDONED PAVED ROAD, 178.5 FT (54.4 M) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTH LEG OF THE FIRST BENT WEST OF U.S. 43 ON THE NORTH POWER LINE ON STEEL TOWERS, 1.5 FT (0.5 M) NORTHEAST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST, AND SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. STATION 49-14 1991 MAY BE USED AS AN AZIMUTH FOR THIS STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.