Details for Benchmark: BL1531
N 30° 10.383 W 095° 58.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALLER county, TX View Original Datasheet
- N 1031 RESET 1963
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by TXHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY TEXAS HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1963
7.02 MI E FROM HOWTH. 0.35 MILES NORTH ALONG THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION SIGN AT HOWTH, THENCE, 6.67 MILES EAST ALONG FARM ROAD 1736, 49 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF FARM ROAD 1736, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A FENCE, 2.5 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.