Details for Benchmark: BL1849
N 30° 03.083 W 095° 54.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALLER county, TX View Original Datasheet
- X 1252
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
1.0 MI SE FROM WALLER. ABOUT 1.0 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 290 FROM THE JUNCTION OF ALLIANCE STREET AND U.S. HIGHWAY 290 IN WALLER, SET IN TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST HEADWALL TO A 4X6 BOX CULVERT, 48.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 19 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EAST BOUND LANES OF U.S. HIGHWAY 290, AND 9.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE RETAINING WALL.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.