Details for Benchmark: BL1855
N 30° 08.633 W 095° 54.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALLER county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Q 1250
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
7.0 MI NORTH FROM WALLER. 0.35 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 290 FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH ALLIANCE STREET IN WALLER, THENCE 0.05 MILE NORTH ALONG A PAVED ROAD, THENCE 0.05 MILE EAST ALONG MILLS ROAD, THENCE 5.15 MILE NORTH ALONG FIELDS STORE ROAD, THENCE 0.4 MILE EAST ALONG MAYER ROAD, THENCE 1.45 MILES NORTH ALONG FIELDS STORE ROAD, AT THE NORTH END OF A GROVE OF OAK TREES, 34.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF FIELDS STORE ROAD, 29 FEET NORTH OF THE CORNER POST FOR A FENCE LEADING NORTHEAST, WHICH IS ALSO THE SOUTHERLY GATE POST FOR A WIRE GATE, 6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHERLY GATE POST FOR A WIRE GATE AND A DIM DRIVE LEADING NORTHEAST, AND 1 FOOT WEST OF THE NORTH AND SOUTH FENCE. ROD WAS DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AT 18 FEET, DISK IS LEVEL WITH THE GROUND, ACCESS TO WHICH IS TO BE HAD THROUGH A 4 INCH PLASTIC SCREW PLUG.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (BB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.