Details for Benchmark: BL2071
N 30° 04.725 W 094° 05.579 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- BEAUMONT COURTHOUSE AIR BEACON
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (ERM)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE REVOLVING AIR BEACON WHICH IS THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE NEW JEFFERSON COUNTY COURTHOUSE AND JAIL AT BEAUMONT.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (JKR)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. THE BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT STATED THAT THE AIR BEACON HAD NOT BEEN MOVED SINCE 1933.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (KW)
PROBABLY STILL GOOD FOR DAYTIME USE DESTROYED FOR NIGHT-TIME USE.
STATION MOUNT RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN OCTOBER 1966 HORIZONTAL CONTROL DATA SHEET, BUT AIR BEACON (LIGHT) NO LONGER IN OPERATION (NOT LIT). HOWEVER THE CENTER OF THE POINT WHERE THE BEACON WAS RECESSED OR MOUNTED STILL VISIBLE A GREAT DISTANCE AWAY AND IS ONE OF HIGHEST POINT IN AREA.
|08/17/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.