Details for Benchmark: BL2074
N 30° 04.570 W 094° 06.301 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- BEAUMONT TYRRELL RICE CO TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (ERM)
STATION IS BASE OF LIGHTNING ROD ON TOP OF THE BLACK STEEL TANK OF THE TYRRELL RICE MILL LOCATED AT FANNIN STREET AND RAILROAD AVENUE. TANK IS ABOUT 175 FEET HIGH AND HAS TYRRELL RICE MILL IN LARGE WHITE LETTERS ON THE SIDE.
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (RMB)
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. TANK IS NOW PAINTED SILVER.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (EJB)
STATION RECOVERED POOR.
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN HORIZONTAL CONTROL DATA OF OCTOBER 1966 ISSUE. TANK STILL STANDS BUT IN POOR STATE OF REPAIR AND RUSTING, AND PAINTED WITH GRAFFITI. ASSOCIATED BUILDINGS AND SURROUNDING AREA APPEAR ABANDONED AND IN DISREPAIR.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (MKB)
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
|08/17/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (EJB)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|08/17/1994 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.