Details for Benchmark: BL2077
N 30° 04.561 W 094° 04.428 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (ERM)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE S BANK OF THE NECHES RIVER, ON THE PROPERTY OF THE MAGNOLIA REFINING COMPANY, 47 METERS FROM THE RIVER, 3 METERS SW OF BOILERHOUSE 7, AND 75 METERS SE OF THE COKE LOADING CHUTE. IT IS IN THE GRASSY PLOT BETWEEN THE PARKING SPACE AND THE BOILERHOUSE.
STATION MARK IS A BRONZE DISK SET IN CONCRETE AT THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF A TILE. R.M.S ARE IN GRASS PLOT TO NE AND NEAR E CORNER OF PUMPHOUSE. BRONZE DISKS IN CONCRETE. 11A.
AZIMUTH MARK IS A 3/4-INCH LAG BOLT SET IN AN 8- BY 8-INCH CONCRETE PIER. IT IS LOCATED 40 METERS SW OF THE BOATHOUSE ON OIL LEVEE.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK - 18 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.