Details for Benchmark: BL2078
N 30° 04.834 W 094° 05.777 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- BEAUMONT KING ED HOTEL STACK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (ERM)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF TOP OF ALUMINUM-COLORED STEEL STACK ON THE S CORNER OF THE LA SALLE HOTEL SITUATED AT THE CORNER OF PEARL AND WALL STREETS. STACK RUNS UP THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING.
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (RMB)
THE HOTEL IS NOW KNOWN AS KING EDWARD TOWERS OR KING EDWARD HOTEL, BUT THE STACK IS INTACT.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (EJB)
STATION RECOVERED GOOD.
KING EDWARD HOTEL NOW CLOSED, BOARDED UP AND IN DISREPAIR, BUT THE STACK IS INTACT (THIS IS A SHORT STACK) BUT SHIELDED ON WEST SIDE BY A MULTI-STORY IN ACTIVE PARKING GARAGE. THERE IS SOME TALK IN THE LOCAL NEWS THAT THE HOTEL BLDG MIGHT BE RENOVATED OR DEMOLISHED.
|08/17/1994 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.