Details for Benchmark: BL2347
N 30° 03.536 W 094° 05.203 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- JCAD 15
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by MERRIC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MERRICK AND COMPANY 1990
IN BEAUMONT, FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MARTIN LUTHER KING BLVD AND WASHINGTON BLVD, PROCEED NORTH ON MARTIN LUTHER KING BLVD FOR 145 FEET TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT, ON THE TOP SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE INLET BOX. THE MARKER IS 71 FEET NORTH OF AN ELECTRICAL CONTROL BOX, AND 99 FEET WEST OF A UTILITY POLE. CONTROL POINT IS FLUSH WITH THE SURROUNDING GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.