Details for Benchmark: BM0109
N 30° 08.267 W 096° 21.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- K 1033 RESET 1963
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
3.95 MI SE FROM BRENHAM. 2.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG LOOP 318 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN BRENHAM, WASHINGTON COUNTY, THENCE EAST 1.05 MILES ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 290 TO A SIDE ROAD LEADING SOUTH FROM HIGHWAY, THENCE CONTINUE EAST 0.1 MILE ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 290 TO BENCH MARK ON LEFT IN THE MEDIAN. (THIS BENCH MARK IS 0.15 MILE WEST OF THE ENTRANCE TO THE E. H. SHAUFLER RANCH.) 34 FEET SOUTH OF THE WEST BOUND LANE OF HIGHWAY, 32 FEET NORTH OF THE EAST BOUND LANE OF HIGHWAY AND 43 FEET EAST OF THE NORTH POST WHICH SUPPORTS THE PAVEMENT NARROWS HIGHWAY SIGNS. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED K 1033 RESET 1963, IS CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A CONCRETE WATER INLET.
|06/23/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RAL)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.