Details for Benchmark: BM0234
N 30° 08.867 W 096° 41.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Z 325
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (POOR)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
0.8 MI W FROM CARMINE. 0.8 MILE WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CARMINE, FAYETTE COUNTY, 180 YARDS EAST OF MILEPOST 41, 33 YARDS NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 20, AT BRIDGE 40 E, AND IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE FOUNDATION. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Z 325 1935. NOTE-- THE CONCRETE HEADWALL WHICH THIS BENCH MARK IS SET IN IS BADLY CRACKED AND APPEARS TO HAVE SETTLED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.