Details for Benchmark: BM0242
N 30° 11.100 W 096° 57.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LEE county, TX View Original Datasheet
- T 326
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
1.5 MI W FROM GIDDINGS. 1.5 MILES WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT GIDDINGS, LEE COUNTY, 420 YARDS WEST OF MILEPOST 57, 23 YARDS NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 20, AT CULVERT 57 B, IN THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE FOUNDATION, AND 12 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED T 326 1935.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.