Details for Benchmark: BM0435
N 30° 04.867 W 097° 19.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- P 806
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
2.0 MI SE FROM BASTROP. ABOUT 2.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE MISSOURI, KANSAS AND TEXAS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BASTROP AT A BRIDGE OVER THE COLORADO RIVER, 49.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE MILEPOST 956, 9.0 FEET WEST OF THE WEST TRACK, SET IN TOP OF THE WEST END OF A NORTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT, ABOUT 1.0 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACKS. THE DISK WAS DRILLED IN THE ABUTMENT.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.