Details for Benchmark: BM0469
N 30° 00.517 W 097° 09.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Y 5
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
IN SMITHVILLE. AT SMITHVILLE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN AND NORTH 3RD STREETS, ABOUT ONE BLOCK SOUTH OF THE POST OFFICE, 48 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MAIN STREET, 35 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF NORTH 3RD STREET, AT A THREE STORRIED BRICK BUILDING (OLD MASONIC BUILDING) WHICH IS PRESENTLY VACANT, 3.0 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 0.4 FOOT WEST OF THE WEST SIDE OF A BRICK PILLAR, 1-INCH ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET AND IS THE BOTTOM OF A 3/4-INCH SQUARE HOLE IN CONCRETE WINDOWSILL.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.