Details for Benchmark: BM0474
N 30° 20.667 W 097° 22.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- E 240
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
0.75 MI W FROM ELGIN. 0.75 MILE WEST ALONG THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ELGIN, AT THE OVERPASS OF U.S. HIGHWAY 290, 17.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE SOUTHWEST COLUMN OF THE 3RD CONCRETE PIER SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE OVERPASS.
|07/10/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GGB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.