Details for Benchmark: BM0494
N 30° 21.267 W 097° 22.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Y 195
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
0.55 MI NW FROM ELGIN. 0.55 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE MISSOURI, KANSAS AND TEXAS RAILROAD OF TEXAS FROM THE STATION AT ELGIN, 1 3/4 POLES SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 100, 8 RAILS NORTHWEST OF THE CROSSING OF EAST 8TH STREET, 11 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHWEST HEADWALL OF A 4 FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT.
|07/10/1991 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GGB)
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.