Details for Benchmark: BM0500
N 30° 12.350 W 097° 03.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- N 221
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
3.0 MI E FROM PAIGE. 3.0 MILES EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PAIGE, BASTROP COUNTY, 138 YARDS WEST OF MILEPOST 64, AT A ROAD CROSSING, 43 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 20, 44 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND AT A FENCE CORNER. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED N 221 ANDD RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2-INCH IRON PIPE SET IN CONCRETE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.