Details for Benchmark: BM0561
N 30° 15.467 W 097° 42.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TRAVIS county, TX View Original Datasheet
- K 804
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
1.8 MI E FROM AUSTIN. 1.8 MILES EAST ALONG THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT AUSTIN, 124 FEET NORTH OF MILEPOST 113, 96 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE TEXAS AND NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD, 40 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF EAST 6TH STREET, 32 FEET EAST OF A LARGE HACKBERRY TREE, 1.5 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF AN ABANDONED CONCRETE SIGNAL BASE.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (GGB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.