Details for Benchmark: BM0871
N 30° 12.398 W 097° 06.440 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BASTROP county, TX View Original Datasheet
- PAIGE ST JOHNS LUTH CH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS STATION IS IN THE CENTER OF THE SPIRE OF THE ST. JOHNS EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN PAIGE. THE CHURCH IS IN THE SE CORNER OF THE VILLAGE, ABOUT 0.4 MILE S OF TEXAS ROUTE 20 AND ABOUT 0.6 MILE SE OF THE RAILROAD DEPOT. THE CHURCH IS A PLAIN, WHITE WOODEN STRUCTURE WITH A BELFRY AND A GRAY, TINNED-COVERED SPIRE. THE SPIRE IS HEXAGONAL IN SHAPE AND ABOUT 65 FEET HIGH. IT IS SURMOUNTED BY A BALL AND A PLAIN METAL CROSS. THE BELFRY HAS FOUR GOTHIC ARCH WINDOWS AND A SPEARED COLUMN AT EACH OF THE FOUR CORNERS. THE CHURCH WAS ERECTED IN 1883 AND IS VERY PROMINENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.