Details for Benchmark: BM0902
N 30° 26.938 W 097° 38.415 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TRAVIS county, TX View Original Datasheet
- AUSTIN BROWNSV FT WORTH AWY 34
- Marker Type:
- airway beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE REVOLVING WHITE LIGHT OF AIRWAY BEACON NO. 34 ON THE BROWNSVILLE-FORT WORTH AIRWAY. THE LIGHT IS ON A STANDARD SQUARE 50-FOOT SKELETON STEEL TOWER. THE TWO RED COURSE LIGHT FLASH H.
THE BEACON IS ABOUT 14 MILES NNE OF AUSTIN AND ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES NW OF PFLUGERVILLE.
THE STATION WAS NOT VISITED FOR A COMPLETE DESCRIPTION.
|01/01/1944 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (JM)
AUSTIN-BROWNSVILLE-FT. WORTH AIRWAY BEACON NO. 34 IS NOW NO. 36 AND IS STILL STANDING.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.