Details for Benchmark: BM1073
N 30° 12.728 W 096° 22.368 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- BRENPORT AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987 (REP)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 20.9 KM (13.0 MI) SOUTHEAST OF SOMERVILLE, 11.2 KM (7.0 MI) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF INDEPENDENCE, 6.4 KM (4.0 MI) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF BRENHAM AND AT THE BRENHAM MUNICIPAL AIRPORT AT THE MIDFIELD CROSSOVER. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF BRENHAM, C/O RON BYRNE, PO BOX 2247, BRENHAM TX 77833, PHONE 409-836-6219.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 105 AND FARM ROAD 50, ABOUT 6.4 KM (4.0 MI) NORTHEAST OF BRENHAM, GO NORTH ON FARM ROAD 50 FRO 1.9 KM (1.2 MI) TO A ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST FOR 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) TO THE AIRPORT ENTRANCE ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTHERLY FOR 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) TO A GATE ON THE LEFT. PASS THRU THE GATE AND GO WEST ACROSS THE APRON FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) TO STATION BRENPORT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF A TAXIWAY CONNECTOR. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH ALONG THE RUNWAY FOR 0.6 KM (0.35 MI) TO A TAXIWAY ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT ONTO TAXIWAY FOR ABOUT 30 METERS (98.0 FT) TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT IN LINE WITH THE HOLDING BARS IN THE CIRCLE AT THE SOUTH END OF THE RUNWAY.
THE STATION IS A PUNCH MARK IN THE TOP OF A STAINLESS STEEL ROD DRIVEN INTO THE GROUND AND INSIDE A 1-INCH PVC PIPE THAT IS 3 FEET LONG FILLED WITH GREASE THAT IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH PVC PIPE WITH A LOGO CAP STAMPED---BRENPORT AZ MK 1987---, THE ROD IS RECESSED 6 CM BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE. LOCATED 70.2 METERS (230.3 FT) NORTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF RUNWAY AT THE END OF RUNWAY, 27.1 METERS (88.9 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF RUNWAY AND 16.9 METERS (55.4 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF TAXIWAY AT THE HOLDING BARS.
HARRIS-GALVESTON TEXAS SUBSIDENCE NETWORK AND FAA AIRPORTS, 1987.
THIS STATION IS SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
DESCRIBED BY B.L. LAMBERT.
|08/20/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|02/24/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (AJL)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6.4 KM (3.95 MI) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF BRENHAM AT THE BRENHAM MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, AT THE SOUTH END OF THE AIRFIELD, IN A SMALL GRASS ISLAND BETWEEN THE TAXI AND RUNWAY. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF BRENHAM, P.O. BOX 2298 BRENHAM, TX. 77834. BLUEBONNET AERO, DOUG LUEDEMANN AIRPORT MANAGER, PHONE 409-836-5462. NOTE--CONTACT AIRPORT OFFICE MANAGER ON ARRIVAL. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 105 AND FARM ROAD 50, GO NORTH ON FARM ROAD 50 FOR 1.95 KM (1.20 MI) TO A ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, WEST, FOR 0.8 KM (0.50 MI) TO THE AIRPORT ENTRANCE ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, NORTH, FOR 0.9 KM (0.55 MI) TO THE AIRPORT OFFICE. GO NORTH BETWEEN OFFICE AND HOUSE TRAILER TO THE APRON. TURN LEFT, SOUTHWEST, ACROSS APRON TO THE TAXI. TURN LEFT, SOUTH, FOR 0.52 KM (0.30 MI) TO A THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. STATION IS 59.0 M (193.6 FT) NORTH OF THE MOST SOUTHERLY OF TWO CONNECTORS, 46.6 M (152.9 FT) NORTHWEST OF RUNWAY SIGN NUMBER 34, 46.1 M (151.2 FT) WEST OF THE TAXI CENTERLINE, 27.3 M (89.6 FT) EAST OF THE RUNWAY CENTERLINE, 17.1 M (56.1 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A CONNECTOR CENTERLINE, AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE RUNWAY. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. SLEEVE DEPTH DOES NOT MEET CLASS A REQUIREMENTS. BY R.G.H.
- This mark is at Brenham Muni (11R) Airport (11R)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.