Details for Benchmark: BR0929
N 31° 59.106 W 081° 55.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TATTNALL county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 132 201 RM 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1982 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 5.5 KM (3.4 MI) NORTH OF GLENNVILLE, 19.65 KM (12.2 MI) SOUTH OF CLAXTON, AND 21.9 KM (13.6 MI) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF REIDSVILLE. OWNERSHIP--STATE OF GEORGIA RIGHT OF WAY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 301 (U.S. HIGHWAY 25) AND STATE ROUTE 250, LOCATED ABOUT 7.5 KM (4.65 MI) NORTH OF GLENNVILLE, GO SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 301 (U.S. HIGHWAY 25) FOR 2.1 KM (1.3 MI) TO THE JUNCTION OF DIRT COUNTY ROAD 399 TO THE RIGHT AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD GADT DISK STAMPED---132-201 1982 RM 1---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 30.5 CM IN DIAMETER RECESSED 5.1 CM BELOW THE GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 11.64 METERS (38.2 FT) WEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 301, 13.50 METERS (44.3 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST FROM AN UNDERGROUND TELEPHONE CABLE PEDESTAL, 24.48 METERS (80.3 FT) NORTH FROM THE NORTH END OF A 15 INCH CONCRETE SIDE DRAIN PIPE UNDER DIRT COUNTY ROAD 399, AND 0.76 METER (2.5 FT) EAST FROM A WITNESS POST.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN ABOVE THE MARK WAS 1.50 METERS.
COUNTY ROAD NUMBERS OBTAINED FROM--GENERAL HIGHWAY MAP TATTNALL COUNTY GEORGIA 1976, REVISED OCTOBER 1976.
DESCRIBED BY G.D. JOHNSON.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.