Details for Benchmark: BS0873
N 31° 35.583 W 083° 21.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRWIN county, GA View Original Datasheet
- G 275
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
3 MI SW FROM MYSTIC. ABOUT 0.45 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 32 FROM THE BRICK GRADE SCHOOL AT MYSTIC, THENCE 2.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG A GRADED ROAD, THENCE 0.4 MILE SOUTH ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD, NEAR THE JUNCTION OF A GRADED ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, 65 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE BLACK TOP ROAD, 149 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF THE BLACK TOP ROAD AND GRADED ROAD, 52 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A NARROW DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTHEAST, 14 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER, 1.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A FENCE LINE, 2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE BLACK TOP ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 5 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.