Details for Benchmark: BS0893
N 31° 39.300 W 083° 19.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRWIN county, GA View Original Datasheet
- B 275
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
3.4 MI N FROM MYSTIC. ABOUT 1.4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 32 FROM THE GRADE SCHOOL AT MYSTIC, THENCE 1.25 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG A GRADED ROAD, THENCE 0.8 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 107, ABOUT 7.05 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 107 FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT FITZGERALD (BEN HILL COUNTY), 0.95 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF A GRADED ROAD LEADING EAST, NEAR THE JUNCTION OF A DIM WOODS ROAD LEADING EAST, 57 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 25 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE WOODS ROAD, 3 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWER LINE POLE AND IN LINE WITH ROW OF POLES, 1.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.