Details for Benchmark: BS0898
N 31° 41.467 W 083° 17.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BEN HILL county, GA View Original Datasheet
- V 274
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
4 MI SW FROM FITZGERALD. ABOUT 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG EAST CENTRAL AVENUE FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT FITZGERALD, THENCE 0.6 MILE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 129 (SOUTH GRANT STREET), THENCE 1.5 MILES WEST ALONG WEST ROANOKE STREET AND ITS EXTENSION, THENCE 1.7 MILES SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD, 1.05 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 107, SET ON THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A 135 FOOT LONG BRIDGE OVER WILLACOOCHEE CREEK, 14 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 1 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF THE ABUTMENT AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD SURFACE.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.