Details for Benchmark: BS0984
N 31° 57.967 W 083° 43.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CRISP county, GA View Original Datasheet
- 9 E 67
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by GAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
3.6 MI E FROM CORDELE. ABOUT 3.6 MILES EAST ALONG THE SEABOARD AIR LINE RAILWAY FROM THE UNION STATION AT CORDELE, CRISP COUNTY, ABOUT 55 YARDS WEST OF A ROAD CROSSING, 50 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POLE 1459, AND 5 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL. A STATE SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 9 E 67 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1974 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1974
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.